Tuesday, April 26, 2016

My Favorite Book Series: Past and Present

Yay.  Post number 2! I don't think I mentioned how much I love reading in the last post which was a big mistake.  I L-O-V-E books!  They're like, 1/4 of who I am!  If you're wondering about the other parts, currently I am 1/4 computer games, 1/8 card games, probably 1/16 chess, 1/16 food, 1/6 anime, which leaves me 8.33.../100 for homework.  Yeahhh.  Anyways, I LOVE books so, I'm going to give you a list of my favorite books/book series that I have read in the 12 whole years of my life...
(The order of the books does not particularly affect how much I like them)

Image result for Throne of glass
1.
One of the best book series I've read, if not the best: The Throne of Glass Series.  It's about a really cool assassin, Celaena Sardothien, as she battles against bad guys.  The story runs really deep, I can't really have a brief summary of this that's less than a few paragraphs.  But it's a really cool fantasy series, one of the best out there in my opinion. The characters are really interesting and the books are long.




2.
Image result for keeper of the lost cities books in orderThis one was my favorite book series for a while: Keeper of the Lost Cities!!!!!  It's basically about this girl named Sophie, who can read minds.  She meets a guy named Fitz(who she has a crush on btw) who tells Sophie she's an elf.  Fitz was also an elf, and he shows Sophie the Lost Cities, where the elves live.  Then a whole bunch of cool fantasy stuff happens, like forever burning fires, and sparkly Alicorn poop, and also some beautiful character developments which will make you love this series along with it's heroic characters.


3.
Image result for harry potter philosopher's stoneThese ones were the first real chapter books I read.  Well, of course, the Magic Tree House series and Stink were both chapter books, but this series was one I came to love, even if I was only in grade three when I read...Harry Potter!!!(btw, I love rubbing it in people's faces when I tell them I read Harry Potter in Gr. 3.  Sorry. Just can't resist :P)  If you haven't read Harry Potter yet, well, you seriously need to reassess your life because you just missed out on one of the best, if not the best, books the world has ever known.  Or at least reconsider reading Harry Potter.  I remember pointing my finger at my friends and saying Avada Kedavra and laughing.  Anyways, Harry Potter is about a boy named Harry Potter who goes to a school to learn magic, and he turns out to be the only person who survived Lord Voldemort, and super good plots and characters make dramatic entries.


4.
Image result for percy jackson booksI think this series is pretty popular among children, even if it was apparently meant for "young adults".  This series, or two series actually, since the two series take place in the same world with some of the same characters, I'm proud to say I used to be a HUGE fan of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and the Heroes of Olympus series!!  The books are filled with sass, from Percy and all the other characters who save the world from Kronos, right before they blow the Earth Mother, Gaea, away.  These series entertained me for a long time, even if Blood of Olympus was kind of a let down(it was still good, I just didn't like the cliffhanger Rick dropped at the end of the book, and some other things I didn't like happened).

Image result for spy school book
5.
This series is very different from the other series I have mentioned, not only in genre, but in writing style too.  But nevertheless the plots are cleverly built in this mystery series: The Spy School series.  This series has no cool magical fantasy stuff, but it was really funny and the plot was amazing.  It's basically about a boy named Ben, and he is accepted in to "Spy School" or the formal name, CIA's Academy of Espionage.  Then some super cool, super clever plot happens and the ending just blew me away.


Those were the ones that dominated my memory, but I also really like the Five Kingdoms series, Fablehaven series, Magisterium series, The Maze Runner and other series that just didn't pop into my mind while writing this.  As you can tell, I really really love fantasy books(which I'll explain why in a future post), especially the ones with some exciting romance, good laughs and enough character development for me to sympathize with them.  If you know some books that meet those requirements, or any good book at all, then please share them with me!  Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment