Tuesday, September 05, 2017

I Write To My Future Self

Writing Prompt: Write a letter to yourself at graduation!

Hello, graduating Joseph (June ??, 2022),
     How are you today?  I will bet that you are not wearing something proper for graduation.  In fact, you might be wearing your everyday t-shirt.  If you are, good job, I approve of your bravery.  If you aren't it's okay, at least you don't stick out.
     You will probably read this way after you graduate, since you don't tend to remember little things like this.  I will tell you about my life right now, because why not?  Today is the first day of your grade eight school year, and you got to meet your friends again.  You also made yourself some goals to complete in the school year, such as giving out a compliment daily and being less inclined to argue.  I hope you accomplished them!  Right now, I like reading books.  I am actually currently reading War and Peace, and although it isn't the most interesting book it's not too bad.  I also enjoy poetry(there's a lot on this blog), playing video games and watching anime.  I hope you are more calm and reserved than I am now, sometimes I am too loud and talkative.
     I'm 90% sure that you still like writing stuff so I hope you at least become a part-time author.  I'm not sure exactly what I want to be when I grow up, but maybe you do.  Whatever you do though, just make sure you make enough money for your mom to be comfortable.  Work hard, don't play too much games, and be a nice person.  Be humble and listen to other people's ideas.
     In a normal letter, I would ask questions, but it's not like you can write back to me and answer them.  Sure, you can post a letter on this blog replying to this letter when you graduate, but I'll never get to see it.  When you read this, or rather, if you read this, we will no longer be the same person.  So you don't need to feel nostalgic or wish to come back to this time in life...that's like wishing you could switch lives with another person.  I'm not exactly sure what kind of person you are, but you have a lot to look forward to, you can do it!

     Sincerely,
Joseph (September 5th, 2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment