Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Poem: Pieces of Peace (Beautiful Shatter #3)

Pieces of Peace

Broken to peace,
To Pieces.
So knives may cease
Cutting creases
Into my flesh.
(Broken to peace,
To Pieces.)
All for me to,
Start again fresh.
To rise up through
My - No, his, ashes.
Absolved to burn bright.
(Broken to peace,
To Pieces.)
I saw great flashes,
Of lightning white.
Of warming yellow,
Filling the crevices,
Valleys once hollow.
(Broken to peace,
To Pieces.)
For a new genesis,
From a life un-alive,
A sweet new release,
By joining all the
Broken pieces of peace.

Beautiful Shatter (Beautiful Shatter #1)
Beautiful Art (Beautiful Shatter #2)


Image result for cool kintsugi art
That's the end of my Beautiful Shatter poems.  I never intended to make it three different poems, I just felt unsatisfied by the first poem, since it was so short and all.  These poems were inspired by Japanese Kintsugi art, which are basically vases and bowls that have been cracked and broken, and then put back together using gold or other precious metals.  They don't look like much, but I like them and think they're cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment